Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Quiet Room In Fall




Hello friends! Here we are just past a couple of October weekends already, and the fall days continue to be spectacular. We have had a house full of guests, had our first cozy fire of the season, and have also been lucky enough to take to the road for a peek at the changing colors through southern Colorado. So stirring to the soul!




I recently found a big old slatted basket that I had no idea what to do with at the time, but knew it's deep patina would be perfect for some fall display. It makes an ideal backdrop for a few fat pumpkins that are headed to the shop.




I have so much else to do, but the brilliant afternoon light streaming in stops me in my tracks, and inspires me to make time stand still for a few moments with my camera before moving on.




A bit of whimsy has crept into the scene too.




We discovered these adorable wildlife themed mugs at our local bird supply shop, and have been enjoying them with our morning coffee. I like the "great horned owl" script on the side, and the lovely nature drawings. (By CJ Wildlife) *Here's a link to more varieties. I just realized that they are by Marjolein Bastin!)









It's nice how just a few touches warm up the rooms for fall.




The mantel has remained the same, but a few tea lights tucked in add so much on a chilly evening when there is no fire in the hearth. 




Easy to add a few gatherings to the basket here and there as the weeks roll by.





The big white McCoy pot is a recent find too. It is the third one of this design I have collected over the years, but I was still thrilled to find it! Almost like a big fat pumpkin itself.  





And what is October without a few baby boos to add to the table?




Not much time for decorating, as usual. But fortunately it doesn't take that much to change the vibe. 




Some fragrant eucalyptus twigs from the market spice up the hearth. And the sound of a ticking clock adds so much to a quiet room, almost making a space seem even quieter. Have you noticed?




The days fly by as we head straight for the busiest weeks of the year. I will be needing the stillness of a quiet room on a sunny afternoon now and then. A good place to gather thoughts as well as the bare branches of a new season.





I hope you are taking time to enjoy some beautiful autumn moments too!

Have a great week!

Jacqueline 









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar