Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frugal Happenings 10/7

Happy October my friends!
I am not sure if we have any Canadian readers - but if so - here is a wish for a Happy Thanksgiving!

The end of September was exceptionally cool - figured fall was here for sure.  First day of October warmed up - and behold - it's summer again!!!!!!!  We have been in the 80's and humid most of the past week.  This coming week is supposed to be much of the same till Friday - and then I think we will be able "to hear" the temps drop from what they are saying!!!!  LOL  We have had rain quite a bit this week as well - so the air is just full of moisture - ugh! 
Allergies are raging.

I know I am always behind the cool kids when it comes to learning things or doing or seeing things!  Haha. 
This week we FINALLY got around to watching the movie God's Not Dead.  What a great movie!  From what I understand there is a part 2 and 3 out now!   I will definitely look forward to those as well.  Just a note:  IF you are more behind than me - it's a movie worth watching!


My frugal week:
  • Used the crock pot and made a small pork roast  and got a couple different meals from it.
  • Used up several older mis-matched apples to make a crisp.  Added an 8 oz. can of cranberry sauce to it - YUM
  • Chopped and froze 4 quarts of peppers
  • Still picking a tiny bit of produce.  4 1/2 lbs. of tomatoes, and about 3/4 b. of peppers.
  • Did a bunch of printing of forms for G
  • Picked a bouquet of New England asters
  • G ordered a new battery for his computer.  NOT cheap - but we saved 10% by ordering and having delivered to their store.  I ran down there (20 minutes away) and got it.  10% is 10%!
  • Dropped off 2 big boxes of donations on the way to p/u battery (so glad to have those gone)
  • Made 2 pair of sleep shorts from old jammies I came across in the drawer.  I can't sleep with anything around my legs - so I made shorts.  Also used extra material to make 4 more hankies.
  • Bottled up 24 individual bottles of water for storage.  (was given the pop bottles)
  • Straightened and cleaned and organized under the sink base in kitchen this week.  Got rid of all kinds of stuff and organized by category of goods!
  • Cleaned out and straightened pots and pans cabinet
  • I have been organizing and de-cluttering like crazy
  • I ran to the orchard and got apples and cider - my fall splurge.  I got Honey Crisp apples - oh my they are good!  (like I said I splurged - those babies are expensive)
  • I vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed some more this week!  Cleaned floors, rugs, furniture, blinds, lamps and vents - also vacuumed over and under and behind everything!  I vacuum regularly - but this was a BIG FALL CLEAN!
  • Been combining things together.  Jars in frig.  Open packs of candy into quart jars.  Cleaning stuff in bottles.  Soap in partial containers.  You get the idea.
******************************************************
Meals this past week:

Pork roast, potatoes, carrots and onions.
Skillet pozole' (same ingredients as soup - just not soupy!) pork, toms, and hominy
BLT's
Taco salad
Fried chicken livers, mashed potatoes and country style gravy
Dirty rice w/ground sausage and red beans and biscuits
Frittata - made with leftover over rice/sausage and leftover biscuits w/jelly

Apple crisp was enjoyed over many days.
All leftovers used for lunch or mixed in other dinners.
********************************************************

I managed to keep busy this week.  I just love the feeling of seeing things get cleaned for fall, things, getting trashed (just out of the house), things going out the door to bless others, things being accomplished.  It makes ME feel accomplished!
I work in short spurts on projects and seem to get more done.  I did spend a couple hours moving furniture and such when vacuuming - but I was on a roll! (tired too!)

How was your week?  Any good deals?  Add any garden goodies to your pantry? 
Give us a shout out and let us know what you are all up to.

Prayers that you al have a safe and healthy week.  Stay frugal and stay sweet!
Blessings from our humble home to yours.

EDIT:  If you need a ear to ear smile or proof of God's wonders today - please go over and read today's post  At Rivercrest Cottage

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar