Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hortus Botanicus


































One doesn't always have to travel far to see a beautiful garden. At the end of April last year, two friends took me on a belated birthday trip to the Hortus Bortanicus in Leiden. It's  half an hours drive from Rotterdam only.

The university garden is the oldest botanic garden in The Netherlands, and one of the oldest in the world. It dates back to 1590. It's a hidden treasure in Leiden's historical centre, situated between academy buildings and the observatory. There are several green houses, a rose garden, a Japanese garden, an orangery and a woodland part, which was my favourite.

I had been there before in summer, but to me spring in the Hortus is the best. The spring flowering bulbs, wild flowers, the amazing colour combinations, the young leaves on the trees. It's all like a dream. I couldn't stop taking photo's. If you need a burst of inspiration for your garden, do go and visit. It's worthwhile!

A Happy week ahead!

Love,

Madelief x

Thank you for your kind comments on my last post too.




















Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar