Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekend Update

I know that I failed to update on Friday.  I'm actively working on posting more frequently and hopefully life will slow down a little in the coming weeks.  Anyway, I accomplished a fair amount of hobby work this weekend so I figured I'd go ahead and update everyone tonight.

The Orks have gone from a mountain of plastic sprues in boxes to a table-ready force.  This weekend I finished the Battlewagon and put together all six of the killa kanz.  Now, I still have some small amount of work to do in order to consider everything assembled and WYSIWYG but I could play a friendly opponent with what I have assembled.  So what's left to finish this project off?  Firstly, I need one more Ork with a rokkit launcha.  Next, I need to convert rokkit launchas for both trukks and another two for the battlewagon.  For some reason GW seems real big on sticking Orks with heavy shootas but not with rokkits.  I'm not sure why.  Lastly, I have to construct two arms for two killa kanz.  One of them needs a rokkit launcha while the other needs a grotzooka.  I had hoped that GW would include all of the possible weapons in a box of killa kanz for each kan but alas, they only include one of each.

So I think I'll try and bitz order the last few rokkit launchas I need for the trukks, battlewagons, and ork boy.  For the killa kanz though I'm going to steal a conversion I saw shortly after the kanz release that uses a chaos havoc launcher for the missile launcher.  The grotzooka I could use just about anything as long as it looks like a long wide barrel with junk crammed down it.  Here's the picture of the killa kan with the missile launcher by the way.  Neat look right?

In other news I started planning work for the Iron Snakes again.  In fact I clipped all the Sanguinary Guard and Death Company sprues I bought back in April.  I am so incredibly glad I bought those Sanguinary Guard boxes (4 of them) back on launch day to avoid the hassle that people are still experiencing in trying to track down boxes of these guys.  Anyway, I think I'm definitely using the chest plates and some of the legs from the sanguinary guard.  I also found some other neat bits like sheathed knives and I finally solved my issue of how to hold a shield, spear, and a boltgun with only two arms.  Answer?  The Sanguinary guard come equipped with their wrist mounted boltguns.  So I can attach the wrist mounted weapons and still have a shield and spear.  In addition the wristmounted weapons have the side-drum feed with the exposed shells.  I like this look for sternguard since it draws attention to their special ammo rules.  Special weapon troopers I will either convert special mounts or I revert to having hand held versions and have their other gear stowed elsewhere.

Well, this week I hope to have all my bits for my Sternguard mapped out and I'll list out what I'm using on this blog.  Maybe even make some moke ups using blue-tack.  In my post tomorrow I'll try and post my semi-finalized 1850 list and an expanded 2000pt list.

So any modeling or paintign planned for this week?  Yup.  I need to finish my fantasy Orc Warboss and my Lamenter's terminator librarian.  After that I plan to devote most of my time to Iron Snakes except a few other small projects.  Other projects include working on paitning the Skaven when I have time as they are painting priority number 1 until I complete more Iron Snakes.  I also need to practice my freehand so I may revisit the chapter master figures recently painted and add some freehand to them.

Real quick before I get on to pictures, I decided to pick up a few models for display purposes only from Coolminiornot.com.  I ordered the Twilight Knight (by Kingdom Death) and Ar-Fienel (by Studio McVey).  Both models arrived quickly and in perfect shape.  I'm actually quite surprised by the detail and quality of the casting for both products and I can't wait to work on these models in the future.

Anyway, on with the pictures of the growing Blood Axe Horde  of Big Mek Grubsmakka.

Newest additions to Grubsmakka's horde (including Grubsmakka himself)


Grubsmakka himself.  The Klaw was an easy conversion after I sawed off his previous arm.


Rokkit Launcha Killa Kanz.


Grotzooka Killa Kanz


 
The Battlewagon.  Fun model to assemble until you start on the turrets.  Ick.


A big bucket o' Orks.  

I have more pictures of the kanz closer up and individual but I'm trying to avoid sucking up so much space on the blog with innumerable pics.  So maybe I'll post a few of each in the future if I don't have pics for my post.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar